Glossary + Citations
a recognized address owned by one or several private keys..
a representation of how active an account is on the network. Mathematically, this is the sum of all previous rewards received by an account.
the sum of the token value of each input transaction (k1, k2 , . . . kn ) into an account multiplied by the number of blocks or periods since each transaction occurred..
the total representation of an account’s social capital, made up of three core components: Age, Activity, and Social Level.
the numerical rank of each account, determined by the orders of all other accounts in a chain that references previous blocks.
the autonomous software that establishes the infrastructure for the Yup Network, determining asset allocation, network ownership, transparency, etc. This runs atop a DLT, currently EOS.
the fungible cryptoasset used to increase impact and engage with the Yup network and ad marketplace. New tokens are minted under a strict predetermined schedule.
- 1.Coleman, J. “Social Capital in the Creation of Human Capital.” Knowledge and Social Capital, 2000, pp. 17–
- 2.Geiger, R. Stuart. “Bot-Based Collective Blocklists in Twitter: the Counterpublic Moderation of Harassment in a Networked Public Space.” Information, Communication, & Society, vol. 19, no. 6, 2016, pp. 787–803.
- 3.Barbaro, Michael. “Pithy, Mean and Powerful: How Donald Trump Mastered Twitter for 2016.” The New York Times, The New York Times, 5 Oct. 2015, www.nytimes.com/2015/10/06/us/politics/donald-trump-twitter-use-campaign-2016.html.
- 4.Business, Fox. “Trump: I Doubt I’d Be Here If It Weren’t for Social Media.” YouTube, YouTube, 23 Oct. 2017, www.youtube.com/watch?v=YGj134xWVFQ.
- 5.Tachalova, Alexandra. “This Is What They Search For: The Most Popular US Industries & Traffic Shares.” Moz, Moz, 14 July 2017, www.moz.com/blog/most-popular-us-industries-traffic-shares.
- 6.“140+ Social Media Statistics That Matter to Marketers in 2018.” Hootsuite Social Media Management, 10 Oct. 2018.
- 7.“How Much Data Is Generated Every Minute On Social Media?” WeRSM - We Are Social Media, 18 Aug. 2015
- 8.Bond, Robert M., et al. “A 61-Million-Person Experiment in Social Influence and Political Mobilization.” Nature, vol. 489, no. 7415, 2012, pp. 295–298., doi:10.1038/nature11421
- 9.“Facebook Users Worldwide 2018.” Statista, Statista https://www.statista.com/statistics/264810/number-of-monthly-active-facebook-users-worldwide/
- 10.“Zuckerberg’s Apology Tour Has Not Done Much to Regain User Trust.” NBC Universal News Group.
- 11.Kanter, Jake. “The Backlash That Never Happened: New Data Shows People Actually Increased Their Facebook Usage after the Cambridge Analytica Scandal.” Business Insider, Business Insider, 20 May 2018, www.businessinsider.com/people-increased-facebook-usage-after-cambridge-analytica-scandal-2018-5.
- 12.Zuckerman, Ethan. “The Internet’s Original Sin.” The Atlantic, Atlantic Media Company, 20 June 2018, www.theatlantic.com/technology/archive/2014/08/advertising-is-the-internets-original-sin/376041/.
- 13.Satoshi Nakamoto. “Bitcoin: A peer-to-peer electronic cash system.”
- 14.Steem. “Steem: An incentivized, blockchain-based, public content platform.” June 2018
- 16.Buterin. Griffith. “Casper the Friendly Finality Gadget”. 2017. Pg 6.
- 17.King, S. & Nadal, S. Ppcoin: “Peer-to-peer crypto-currency with proof-of-stake”. 2012.
- 18.Buterin, Vitalik. “Slasher: A Punitive Proof-of-Stake Algorithm.” Ethereum Blog, Ethereum Foundation, 2014.
- 19.Zipf, G.K. (1932). Selected Studies of the Principle of Relative Frequency in Language. Cambridge, MA. Harvard University Press
- 20.Bowe, Chiesa, Green, Miers, Mishra, Wu. “ZEXE: Enabling Decentralized Private Computation”. 2018.
- 22.Langhe, Bart De, et al. “Navigating by the Stars: Investigating the Actual and Perceived Validity of Online User Ratings.” Journal of Consumer Research, vol. 42, no. 6, 2015, pp. 817–833., doi:10.1093/jcr/ucv047.